Product Care for Vinyl Flooring
Vinyl looks great in your home, but as a bonus, it’s also incredibly easy to maintain. With just a touch of infrequent cleaning, you’ll be enjoying stylish floors with minimal effort.
Read our tips below to keep your floors beautiful.
BASIC MAINTENANCE TIPS
- Sweep, dust and vacuum your floors (without the beater brush) at least once a week to keep them free of dirt and dust build-up.
- A water-damp mop or cloth once a week, or a mop and a spray bottle of hot water, will keep your floors gleaming.
- Be careful that any liquid cleaning products are approved for vinyl before applying.
- Clean up any spills as soon as possible.
- Avoid scrubbing with abrasive cleaners or scrubbing agents.
- Read manufacturer guidelines before using steam-cleaning machines. Some steam cleaners may get too hot to be safe for your floor.
- Clean up wet spills as soon as they happen.
- Wipe stains and spills with a warm, damp cloth. Do not scrub with a harsh surface.
- For stubborn stains, use a vinyl-specific or gentle all-purpose cleaner. Vinegar is also safe for your floors and helps with stickier spills.
- To remove pen ink, permanent marker, or nail polish, apply isopropyl alcohol.
- Every few decades, you’ll want to replace your vinyl floors.