Product Care for Carpet Flooring
Carpets are wonderfully soft underfoot, but they can harbor soil and stains easily. With regular care, you can extend the life of your carpets and protect the comfort of your home for years.
Read our tips below to keep your floors beautiful.
BASIC MAINTENANCE TIPS
- Regular vacuuming is key. Vacuum all carpets at least once a week, but high-traffic areas should receive daily attention to avoid dirt buildup.
- If possible, reposition heavy furniture occasionally to prevent permanent damage to your carpet pile.
- Clean up any spills as soon as possible.
- Clean up spills as soon as they happen.
- Use a carpet spot cleaner and follow manufacturer guidelines to take care of small stains.
- For stubborn or large-area stains, have your carpets professionally steam-cleaned.
- Carpets should be professionally steam-cleaned every 6-12 months to prolong their lifespans. While you can choose to do this yourself, do your research before purchasing or renting a cleaner to ensure your choice won’t damage your carpets.
CARPET CHEAT SHEET
Vacuum high-traffic areas
Vacuum all carpeted areas
EVERY 6-12 MONTHS
Professionally steam clean all carpets
EVERY 5-15 YEARS
Carpet lifespans vary by type and brand, but carpets should typically be replaced every 5-15 years.