Product Care for Laminate Flooring
Low-maintenance laminate is the friend of reluctant cleaners. It’s designed for durability, but even so, a little bit of regular care ensures your floor maintains its appeal for many years.
Read our tips below to keep your floors beautiful.
BASIC MAINTENANCE TIPS
- Sweep, dust and vacuum your floors (without the beater brush) at least once a week to keep them free of dirt and dust build-up.
- A water-damp mop or cloth once a week, or a mop and a spray bottle of hot water, will keep your floors gleaming.
- Be careful that any liquid cleaning products are approved for laminate before applying.
- Clean up any spills as soon as possible. Standing liquids can seep through and cause laminate flooring to bubble.
- Avoid scrubbing with abrasive cleaners or scrubbing agents.
- Read manufacturer guidelines before using steam-cleaning machines. Some steam cleaners may get too hot to be safe for your floor.
- Clean up wet spills as soon as they happen.
- Wipe stains and spills with a warm, damp cloth. Do not scrub with a harsh surface.
- For stubborn stains, use a laminate-specific or gentle all-purpose cleaner. Vinegar is also safe for your floors and helps with stickier spills.
- If your laminate dents or scratches, consider having the damaged portion replaced by a professional. Some laminates are even easy enough to do it yourself.
- Every few decades, you’ll want to replace your laminate floors.
CERAMIC CHEAT SHEET
Clean up wet spills
Vacuum and mop with water. Use cleaner as needed
EVERY DECADE (OR SO)