Product Care for Stone Flooring
Natural stone adds formidable beauty to your home interiors, but the upkeep is unique from other types of flooring. A bit of regular care can keep your investment looking gorgeous for years to come.
Read our tips below to keep your floors looking great.
BASIC MAINTENANCE TIPS
- Sweep, dust and vacuum your floors (without the beater brush) at least weekly to avoid grime build up. Always sweep or vacuum prior to wet-cleaning your floors.
- Mop daily at least weekly to limit abrasion of natural grit and dirt. Water itself is a great cleanser for your floors. Avoid using ordinary soap or detergent, which can dull your tiles.
- Be cautious with citrus juices around your floors. The acids from these foods can dull your stone surfaces.
STAIN AND SCRATCH REMOVAL
- Spot clean as soon as spills happen for best results.
- Test all cleaning products on a small area before you clean the entire floor.
- Avoid scrubbing with abrasive cleaners or scrubbing agents.
- Avoid acidic cleaners, even vinegar.
- Deep clean monthly with a stone-specific cleanser to keep your floors looking their best.
- Cracked or broken stones should be removed and replaced by a trusted contractor.
CERAMIC CHEAT SHEET
Sweep and damp-mop
Clean using stone-specific cleaner
EVERY FEW YEARS
Repair as needed. When properly maintained, your stone floors can last a lifetime.