Product Care for Tile Flooring
Tiled floors are prized for their durability and easy maintenance. With a bit of regular care, they’ll remain a great addition to your home for years to come.
Read our tips below to keep your floors beautiful.
BASIC MAINTENANCE TIPS
- Sweep, dust and vacuum your floors (without the beater brush) at least weekly to avoid grime build up. Always sweep or vacuum prior to wet-cleaning your floors.
- Mop at least weekly to limit abrasion of natural grit and dirt. Avoid using ordinary soap or detergent, which can dull your tiles.
- Glazed tile should be cleaned regularly with a non-oil-based cleanser to remove soap scum and keep grout clean.
- Unglazed tile should be cleaned regularly with a neutral-pH cleaning agent to safely remove oil and spills.
STAIN AND SCRATCH REMOVAL
- Test all cleaning products on a small area before you clean the entire floor.
- Avoid scrubbing with abrasive cleaners or scrubbing agents.
- Cracked or broken tiles should be removed and replaced by
a trusted contractor.
TILE CHEAT SHEET
Sweep and damp-mop
Clean using tile-specific cleaner
EVERY FEW YEARS
Repair as needed. When properly maintained, your ceramic floors can last a lifetime.